Thursday, July 3, 2008

This place is going to the Dogs (Literally)

Well, Tasha told everyone that Tanner would be getting a pup. We finally got some good pictures of her.

This is our smallish little lady, "LILLY" she is a fullblooded Mini Schnauzer. She should be getting her "beard" about the same time she comes home to live with us. She will be coming home in about three weeks, as soon as she is weaned. Tanner intends to have her ready for the 4H dog show next year. (July 2009) I am sure that we will have pics of that event when it happens.


Tanner and Lilly.



We intend on starting a goat farm once we get settled. This is a BOER goat and they are somewhat in high demand. Now , I was thinking, (Dangerous, I know) when our herd gets up to 30 or 40 percent does, and its time for me to inoculate (give shots) to 30 or 40 beautiful little girls, I DO NOT want to be chasing them all over the pasture to "round them up" to the barn. So.... we decided we should look into getting a working dog with "herding" instincts. We found a perfect dog and brought him home a day or two ago. He is half Border Collie, and half Australian Shepard. He is a very smart little guy (only 11 weeks old) we are seeing that he is VERY trainable already. I intend to visit another goat farm in the area as much as possible to let him interact with the goats. (W won't get our first Boer goat until August.) I will also be starting his "formal" training next week. Pray for me, I don't know who needs training more, the pup or me! Oh yeah, his name is "Logo". :-)








Like I said, This place is really going to the dogs!!!! (and we love it:)

No comments: