Monday, August 18, 2008

I DID IT!!!!!!

O.K., so to some people this may seem trivial- but I made lasagna for supper tonight and it wasn't too bad! :-) The noodles were a little under done, but a little longer in the oven the next time and I might actually have it!!!! This is an improvement to the last time! I didn't put aluminum foil on the last batch and the cheese burned and some of the noodles were crunchy. I put foil on this batch but only baked it for 45 min. at 350', maybe a little longer next time!(Thanks for the foil tip Elizabeth!) Anyhow, my family didn't starve and this one was better than the last, so there is hope! :-)

**** Does anyone out there have any tips for making lasagna, or extra good ingredients? How about any other good recipes? I'd love to hear from you!!!!
~ Tasha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom use-to make it all the time, now we just buy it at the store, i'll see if she still has the recipe

Constance said...

Hey Tasha,
I didn't know that you had a blog. Elizabeth left a comment on my blog and I found yours off of hers. Congratulations on you new little one. Your family looks great. Maybe now we can keep in touch with each other.

About the Lasagna, I use the oven-read noodles. I use hamburger with spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese. I layer it all until my pan is full. Then I stick toothpicks in it so the foil will not lay right on the cheese. I bake it on 350degrees until a fork will go clear through the noodles easily. Good luck the next time. Stop over to my blog.

urhis said...

I boil the noodles on the stove top before I layer all the ingredients in the pan.

Middie has an excellent recipe that includes pepperoni, sausage, 1 package of spaghetti sauce mix, onions, green peppers, a jar of spaghetti sauce, hamburger and she uses regular wide noodles instead of Lasgna noodles. It's really good!