Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thoughts.......

Howdy, Howdy!! Thoughts come and thoughts go, but it's the one's you can't get away from that you have to sit up and pay attention to.

I have recently been giving a lot of thought to our future, it didn't take very long thinking about the future until regrets from the past came knocking. While I am smart enough to realize that you can't live in the past and in fact you can't even change the past, I think most of you would agree that you can, and definately should, LEARN from the past. Wow, don't you wish you could go back in time and change things? My dear Grandpa Collins was famous for saying "Hind sight is ALWAYS 20/20" Man, was He ever right. That being said, how does one go about learning from the past, without becoming too involved? Is there a healthy mix? I think there is, let me know what you all think.
More later.
~Gregory

2 comments:

Danny,Liz,Becca,Ben, Abby and Caleb said...

Danny and I have been reading an awesome book and we are both being challenged and convicted! I would recommend it for you 2 to read. It is by John C. Maxwell and it is titled 'Developing the Leader in You.' I think it may help answer some of your questions. Check at your local library for this book, it is amazing!

urhis said...

It's wonderful to know that God is the God of second chances but it's waiting for His healing that can make us anxious. Not to mention the scars that may be there after the healing. But He can use us to minister to others before they make the same mistakes as we have.